- Treatment of fatigue
- Pre-race conditioning
- Post-race recovery
- Cortisone alternatives
- Treatment of injuries
Holistic medicine can help you achieve your athletic goals.
Vigorous exercise can deplete the body of vitamins, minerals, and hormones. Thyroid and adrenal exhaustion after exercise has been described at length in exercise physiology journals. Exercise induced injuries like tendons or bursae inflammation, joint pain, muscle pain, muscle strains, and neck pain can recover better when your body is optimally balanced. Intravenous vitamins and minerals, acupuncture, neural therapy, and Ayurvedic medicine can help restore the energy balance that your body needs to endure prolonged exercise.
- Is a hard track workout causing you to hurt excessively?
- Why is your neck hurting from a three hour bike ride now? It is not the first time you took that route…
- Is fatigue causing you to have abnormal form during your workouts?
- Is your sacro-iliac joint out of balance?
- Are you unable to complete workouts?
Alternative and holistic medicine has answers to these problems.
According to Chinese medicine, Qi (Chi) is the flow of energy that sustains life. If it is not well-balanced, then recovering from hard workouts will take longer, injuries will linger, and your body will be more prone to injuries. Ayurvedic medicine can also help balance the vital energy of the body by prescribing specific nutrition based on your body type: Vata, Pitta, or Kapha. Proper nutrition will provide you with the energy that you require to perform at the highest levels of competition.
- A typical treatment will consist of an evaluation to determine possible imbalances, define injuries, deficits, habits, and diet. An individually tailored plan of therapy will then be suggested.
- Options may include intravenous B12, B complex, magnesium, pyridoxine, thiamine, acupuncture, homeopathy, neural therapy, Ayurvedic herbs, Ayurvedic oils, exercise nutrition, massage, and laser therapy.
When injecting tender or injured anatomy, we use steroid alternatives. Joints, muscles, tendons, fasciae, and nerves can be injected without the fear of steroid-associated side effects. These options include Sarapin and Heel products. Heel is a German company well known for its product Traumeel, which is available exclusively at our clinic.